Click to Call

Rock Insurance
Agency Inc

142 Route 70, PO Box 775
Medford, NJ 08055

Rock Insurance Agency Blog

Commercial Insurance Myths Small Business Owners In New Jersey Should Avoid While Researching Policies

For over 15 years, Rock Insurance Agency Inc. has served the Medford, NJ community by helping people find the insurance coverage they need to protect their assets. We try to help our clients find multiple solutions to their problems. As an independent agency, we can offer our clients flexible policies.

Commercial Insurance Myths

A big part of the Medford, NJ economy thrives on the success of small businesses. If you are a small business owner, commercial insurance can help you secure your business’s future. The policy protects you if your property suffers any damages or if your inventory is vandalized. Liability coverage protects you if a patron gets injured while they are visiting your business. Workers’ compensation helps you take care of your employees if they are injured in the workplace while also protecting your business. Avoid some of these common commercial insurance myths while you research different policies.

Giving Advice Is Harmless

In most situations, giving advice is harmless. However, commercial insurance can cover you if someone alleges slander or negligence based on the advice that you give them. So while giving advice is relatively harmless, you still need coverage in case something is misinterpreted.

I Can Rely On My Umbrella Policy

Your umbrella coverage does not fully protect you if a situation arises. Umbrella coverage acts as a safety net on top of traditional coverage. The only way to fully secure your business is through a commercial insurance policy.

I Don’t Have To Cover My Vehicle

Many people believe that any vehicle used for business-related purposes is fully covered through a traditional auto insurance policy. If you are involved in a collision while driving one of your business vehicles, you will not be protected unless you have a commercial auto policy.

Rock Insurance Agency Inc. Will Help You Protect Your Investment

Visit our website today to learn more information about commercial insurance.  

Are Comprehensive and Collision Coverage Required?

You already know that you need auto insurance to stay legal while out on the road. But, what about other parts of the policy? Are they required? Our Rock Insurance Agency Inc. team has your answers. Here’s what you need to know about comprehensive and collision coverage in Medford, NJ.

Comprehensive and Collision Are Not Legally Required

A lot of our customers want to know if comprehensive and collision are legally required. The answer is no. These are both first-party coverages, meaning they only pay to fix your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident. The State of New Jersey doesn’t really care if you get your vehicle repaired, but they do care if you damage someone else’s car or property. That’s why liability–a third-party coverage–is legally required.

You Might Still Have to Carry Comp and Collision If Your Lender Requires It

However, you might still be required to purchase comprehensive and collision coverage. If you have a loan or lease on your vehicle, there’s a good chance that your lender wants you to carry it. This helps protect their investment in your car and ensures they won’t get stuck with a damaged vehicle if you suddenly stop making payments. In most cases, the papers you signed when you purchased your vehicle will tell you if they require this coverage on your auto insurance policy.

What If Your Vehicle is Paid Off?

If you own your vehicle free and clear, you do not have to carry full coverage insurance on your policy. However, this doesn’t mean that not having it is a good idea. If it would be nearly impossible for you to pay for repairs after a wreck or replace it if it was stolen, then you still need comprehensive and collision to protect yourself from the unknown.

Are you ready to learn more about purchasing comprehensive and collision coverage in Medford, NJ? Please contact our team at Rock Insurance Agency Inc. to schedule an appointment.

What things aren’t covered by home insurance

Home insurance is what lets homeowners sleep at night. It protects the place you and your family enjoy your lives. If you already have a home insurance policy, have you ever read it? If, like most people, you haven’t, don’t feel bad. It would be enough to put you to sleep. But it does include some vital information about the things excluded from the policy. At Rock Insurance Agency Inc. in Medford, NJ, we make sure our customers have all the facts about their home insurance policy. 


Probably the most shocking news to most homeowners is their policy does not cover flooding. Flooding causes devastating damage, and even just one inch of water in the home can cost you $25,000 in damages. The good news is you can purchase flood insurance through the NFIP.  

Earth movement

If you feel the earth moves under your feet, you should be anxious because your home insurance will not cover it. Whether it is an earthquake, landslide, or a sinkhole, any time the earth moves, it is excluded, but you can buy an endorsement or an additional policy to cover it.

Sewer backup

This is a disgusting thing to even think of and even more so when you have to pay for the cleanup yourself. Again, you can add an endorsement. 

Preventable damage

Your insurance carrier assumes you are going to maintain your home. If you allow your roof to become so old that it allows water to damage your ceiling, your insurance won’t cover it. If you get termite damage, this is something treatment could have prevented, so no coverage is standard. This is an excellent reason to do the necessary repairs and maintenance to your home.  

When you’re ready to update your home insurance, give Rock Insurance Agency Inc. in Medford, NJ a call or stop by our office to get your free quote. 

Do I Need Commercial Insurance for a Part-time Business?

A part-time business that you decided to start can be an exciting prospect. However, there is one common question that most part-time business owners ask themselves: "Do I need commercial insurance for it?". The answer is "Yes." Rock Insurance Agency, Inc., serving clients from Medford, NJ and other surrounding towns, has prepared the list of main reasons why commercial insurance is vital for part-time businesses: 

Your home insurance does not cover your part-time business.

If you decided to store your tools and equipment in your house, it would not be covered by home insurance because it is used commercially. Also, if they cause damage to your home, most likely, you will not be covered. 

Your car insurance does cover you. 

If you drive for business purposes, you should know that your auto insurance will not cover you. If you have a vehicle registered in your company’s name, you need to purchase commercial vehicle insurance to protect it. 

You need liability coverage for business operations.

Even though your auto and home insurance provide some personal liability protection, they will not cover anything related to your business. There are several types of liability insurance, and your choice depends on the products you sell or the services you offer. The most common types of liability insurance include commercial general liability insurance, professional liability insurance, cyber liability insurance, director and officers insurance, and product liability insurance. 

If you are starting your new part-time business in Medford, NJ, or surrounding areas and you have questions about part-time commercial insurance, the agents of Rock Insurance Agency, Inc. will be glad to provide you with all the necessary information. Visit our website or give us a call to discuss the options available. 

What auto coverage do I need to carry in New Jersey

Drivers in New Jersey need to follow the laws that govern the roads in the state. All drivers must carry proof of insurance in their vehicle, whether they are residents or just passing through. In New Jersey, three types of auto insurance are mandatory, Liability insurance, Personal Injury Protection(PIP), and uninsured motorist. The amount of coverage that you are required to carry is flexible, and having a trusted insurance agent like Rock Insurance Agency, Inc. in Medford, NJ can help you to make sure that you comply with the law. 

In New Jersey, you need to carry liability insurance, Personal Injury Insurance (PIP), and uninsured motorist. Where they differ from other states is that they have two options when it comes to following the law. Insurance agents can sell their clients a standard policy or a basic policy. The dollar amounts on the basic policy are lower, and the coverage is smaller. It is designed for young drivers who have little or no assets. The standard policy can be at a pretty basic amount and go higher to provide more coverage for those who have assets to protect. 

None of these types of coverage protects your vehicle. You may need to carry additional coverage if you have a loan or a lease on your car. Collision coverage will help to replace or repair your vehicle in the event you are held responsible for an accident. It can also help you to rent a car to get you around while you are waiting for your vehicle to be repaired and for at least a few days after your vehicle is totaled. Comprehensive covers your vehicle from damage that is beyond your control. 

Knowing what auto coverage you need is more than just what the state mandates. It is what you need to protect you from loss. At Rock Insurance Agency, Inc. in Medford, NJ, we will work with you to determine your insurance needs. Give us a call to get a free no-obligation quote. 

Do you need to have commercial insurance in Medford?

Owning a business in the Medford, NJ area can be a great thing. Those that have a business here will benefit from the great local economy and steady population base. When you are going to start a business here, it is essential that you get a proper insurance policy. There are several reasons why you may need to have a full commercial insurance policy. 

Comply with Lenders and Investors

The first reason why you may need to have a commercial insurance policy in the Medford area is if you have taken out a loan or raised capital from an investor. A commercial insurance policy will offer you excellent insurance coverage, including protection for your assets or against liability. Due to this protection that it provides, having this form of insurance is appealing to your lenders and investors as it will protect their investment as well. 

Legal Requirement

Another reason to get a commercial insurance policy is that it could be a legal requirement for you. Those that own a business in New Jersey need to consider their worker’s compensation insurance requirements carefully. Depending on the type of business you have and the number of people you employ, you may need to carry this insurance at all times or face penalization. 

When you are in need of a commercial insurance policy in the Medford, NJ area, it is vital that you get a policy that is right for your organization. Picking a policy can be complicated. Fortunately, when you work with the team at Rock Insurance Agency Inc., you can receive the guidance that you need to pick a new policy. Rock Insurance Agency Inc. can do this by carefully assessing your organization. We can then build a policy for you that meets your needs. 

Ways you can get the Maximum Protection for your Business

As a business owner, you want what’s best for your business future. One great way of securing its future is deciding on the maximum insurance protection for it. No business could survive without insurance. At Rock Insurance Agency, Inc., serving Medford, NJ, we help business owners decide on the best protection based on their needs. Here are some ways you can get this protection. 

Consider More than just Liability

No law in New Jersey requires businesses to obtain insurance. However, most of them generally apply for liability insurance. This protects your business against financial loss due to property damage, libel, or slander. Depending on your situation, you might want to consider additional options such as commercial auto insurance, worker’s compensation, or business property coverage. Worker’s compensation is especially vital if you have employees within your business. Commercial auto insurance is different from regular auto insurance in that it protects your company’s car in the event of an accident.

Reassess your Liabilities every year

Your business is bound to grow the more you work at marketing it. When it grows, your liabilities grow along with it. Reassess every new liability you get for your business growth. You can do this by contacting your agent to discuss any new changes that have occurred and how they affect your insurance coverage.

Contact us for your Business Insurance needs

Making sure you have enough protection is very important for your business future. Our agents at Rock Insurance Agency, Inc. are here for you in finding the right protection based on your situation.  If your business is in Medford, NJ, or anywhere in the Tri-state area, contact our office for more information on getting a commercial insurance policy quote today.


What is not covered by a home insurance policy

As a homeowner, your homeowners’ insurance policy is one of the most critical protections one can invest in. It is crucial to understand the coverages provided under the policy. However, it just as important to understand the types of events excluded under the policy. 


It is critical that homeowners in the Tri-State area know that flood insurance is not automatically covered under a home insurance policy. So many homeowners assume that flood coverage is included because their policy has water damage coverage. Water damage coverage is meant for events such as a burst pipe or an overflowing dishwasher. Flood coverage needs to be purchased as a separate policy from the government. 

Damage as a result of homeowners’ failure to maintain the home. 

As a homeowner, it is critical that you perform regular maintenance on your home. Failure to properly maintain the house could result in the denial of coverage in the event of a claim.  If it is determined that the damage to your home is the result of your failure to maintain the home, such as not having your water heater regularly serviced, you could be denied coverage. 

Dog bites

Many homeowner insurance policies exclude coverage for aggressive breeds such as Pitbulls. However, some carriers exclude coverage for dog bites altogether. It is essential to check with your insurance agent at Rock Insurance Agency, Inc. in Medford, NJ to confirm your level of coverage. If you have a dog, you may want to consider an umbrella policy for extra protection. 


If you own an expensive jewelry collection, it is important to know it may not be fully insured under your policy. While there may be a small limit under your policy, it will most likely not be enough coverage in the event your collection is stolen. If you have expensive jewelry, you will want to speak to your agent about adding additional coverage. 

If you live in the Tri-state area and would like to learn more about homeowners’ insurance, reach out to a specialist at the Rock Insurance Agency, Inc. in Medford, NJ today.