Snow can make for a dangerous driving experience. It is important to get the right auto insurance coverage in case of any accidents or emergencies. Our team of insurance experts at Rock Insurance Services in Medford, NJ is happy to assist our Tri-State customers with all insurance and related queries.
Here are some tips to help you stay safe while driving in the snow:
1. Make sure your car is properly prepared for winter weather. This includes ensuring that your tires have good tread, that your windshield wipers are in good condition, and that you have sufficient antifreeze in your engine.
2. Drive slowly and adjust your braking distance accordingly. Snow and ice can make it difficult to stop your car quickly.
3. Increase your following distance. Cars traveling in front of you can create a "snowplow" effect, which can cause you to lose control of your car.
4. Use caution when turning. Ice can make it difficult to keep your car under control during turns.
5. Be alert for black ice. This is a thin layer of ice that is difficult to see but can cause you to lose control of your car very quickly.
6. If your car starts to skid, take your foot off the gas and turn in the direction that you want the car to go. This can help you regain control of your vehicle.
7. Keep a winter driving kit in your car, including blankets, flares, extra warm clothes, and non-perishable foods and water. Having this kit on hand can help you stay safe and comfortable if you get stranded in the snow.
8. If your car does get stuck, don’t panic! You can use a bag of sand or kitty litter to provide traction for your tires or even push your car out of a snowbank by rocking it back and forth.
Contact Us Today
For more safe driving tips, call Rock Insurance Services today. We proudly serve the Medford, NJ and Tri-State areas.